Skin Rejuvenation & Skin Tightening Treatments With CO2 Dot Laser
Ageing, sun, acne and busy lifestyles are not kind to our skin. The natural regeneration of skin cells and collagen slows down causing wrinkles, pigmentation, age-bumps and a decline in youthful plumpness and glow. Whilst sunscreen and moderation helps, no creams or peels can improve the long-term quality of your skin… you need something MUCH stronger for that!
Facial Rejuvenation Clinic Results
Academy Laser Facial Rejuvenation Clinic offers the “gold standard” in anti-ageing skin rejuvenation and skin resurfacing, the Fractionated CO2 DOT laser. This advanced and powerful laser can be customised for nearly every skin type and condition.
* Note – Patient results may vary depending upon skin condition.
People concerned with the following skin conditions can achieve significant improvement with Fractionated CO2 DOT laser on nearly any part of their body:
- Wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin;
- Sun spots and uneven pigmentation;
- Acne scars, surgical or injury scars;
- Sebaceous Hyperplasia (yellowish bumps on forehead, cheeks and nose);
- Warts and other growths;
- Stretch marks; and
- Anyone wanting a noticeable complexion enhancement.
Note – Patient results may vary depending upon skin condition.
The CO2 DOT laser sets a new standard for skin rejuvenation. The DOTs cause skin contraction/shedding and the thermal heat causes immediate collagen shrinkage – patients are often amazed at how firm and clear their skin is immediately after healing. But, more importantly, the skin structure is improved with collagen remodelling from 30 days to one year providing long-term results.
The more intense your CO2 DOT laser treatment, the better your results! However, the higher settings are more uncomfortable with more downtime (5-7 days). Please discuss your skin goals and recovery timeframes during consultation to ensure an appropriate treatment program is designed for you.
The growth of fresh new skin plus the regeneration of healthy collagen results in a smoothing of fine lines, plumping of scar tissue and the clearing of pigment, providing a more youthful and fresher complexion.
DOT laser is ideal to combine with Pure-PRP for a super collagen boost or to prepare skin elasticity for Silhouette Soft Thread Lift. A combination regime will always produce the most effective results.
The procedure delivers heat via thousands of tiny microbeams or DOTs that penetrate into the skin and trigger a natural healing process that forms new healthy collagen. By delivering the laser energy in fractionated DOTs surrounded by unaffected skin, rather than to the whole skin surface, the treatment is less intense and healing is much more rapid than traditional laser resurfacing. However, it may require multiple treatments for desired results, depending upon the intensity of each treatment. For Laser Science, click here
The Fractionated CO2 DOT laser technology enables accurate selection of all the operating parameters, modulating treatments in line with the characteristics of the patient and the target tissues. Your procedure will be customised to your skin type and condition to obtain the best results for you. Adjustments can be made throughout the procedure to more accurately treat specific areas such as acne scars on the cheeks, fine lines around the mouth and even sebaceous spots and bumps.
However, the most important element is the vigilance and experience of the laser operator. All our doctors and nurses are trained by our principal cosmetic surgeon, Dr Jayson Oates FRACS, who has performed thousands of Fully Ablative and Factional CO2 DOT laser treatments over 17 years, on every part of the body and skin type.
CO2 DOT Laser is an advanced cosmetic procedure and pre-consultation is essential to discuss your skin concerns, suitability and the ideal treatment plan. Where your skin condition is not deemed suitable for CO2 DOT laser, other treatment options can be recommended.
A topical retinoic acid or skin lightening cream can help prepare the skin, especially with sun damaged or darker skin types. If you are having laser treatment to the lip area and have been exposed to cold sores, anti viral medication will also be prescribed pre and post treatment to prevent an outbreak (as DOT laser does stimulate tissue).
A numbing cream will be applied approximately 30-60 minutes prior to the treatment. You may also wish to take some analgesic to minimise any potential discomfort.
The laser procedure is performed in-clinic taking anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour, depending upon the area and condition being treated. Cold-packs or Cryoair (cooling) can be used after treatment to help dissipate the heat.
Many patients elect to apply topical PRP post-CO2 DOT Laser as this helps to stimulate collagen production and faster healing.
- You will be able to drive home following the treatment, but should avoid direct sunlight and active skin creams until the skin is fully healed.
- If your skin is stinging or hot after treatment, you may apply cold packs for several hours at home. Once the heat dissipates, the skin will feel much better.
- Medication may be prescribed and supplied to you to take home as required.
- Post treatment care instructions will be supplied and you should follow these precisely. The best post-care is Stratacel gel for a few days followed by QV moisturiser until healed. Never pick at the area as there is increased risk of scarring the fresh skin.
- Most patients take a couple days to 1 week off work, depending upon the intensity of treatment.
You will experience the following:
- Mild swelling – mainly the first 2 days, this is normal and the inflammation is triggering a healing response. Avoid anti-inflammatories if possible
- White or brown DOTs will crust on the treated skin. Do NOT pick at these DOTs, allow them to shed naturally, which generally happens between Days 4-7. Topical PRP and special post-laser gels can assist with skin recovery
- Itchiness of the treated area is quite common and you can take over-the-counter anti-histamines for this
- Redness (erythema) – this will fade but can last up to 1-2 months in some patients. We can help reduce this with vascular laser/IPL if desired
In rare cases, you may experience:
- Breakout during or after the healing period, generally related to blocked pores. Please do not scratch or pick at the treated area. We can provide or recommend medication to resolve these symptoms quickly
- Pigmentation changes, particularly in darker skin individuals. This is for the most part temporary and will resolve with the use of our prescription lightening cream
- Scarring, blistering etc. – please contact our clinic immediately to receive post-treatment care
- Persistent redness – this can be reduced with IPL and other skin calming treatments
Skin tightening and clarity are often observed immediately following recovery, but the full results take up to 6 months with the remodelling of new collagen and continues for up to one year.
In many cases, noticeable improvement in complexion is achieved with a single session. However, mature skins and patients with wrinkles, skin laxity or acne scars will require a series of treatments spaced at least one month apart. This will be explained during consultation.
To maintain your good results, it is possible to have a refresher CO2 DOT treatment every year or so. Other things you can do to extend your skin rejuvenation include:
- Follow the recommended post-treatment care precisely;
- Wear sunscreen daily and avoid direct sunlight for extended periods;
- Adopt a daily skin regime appropriate for your skin type and condition;
- Eat a healthy diet;
- Stop smoking and moderate alcohol consumption.
The cost of CO2 DOT laser treatments depend upon the:
- Nature of your skin condition;
- Size of area being treated; and
- Type of treatment being performed
Light DOT (Madonna Peels) start from $850 for one area (e.g. full face). Deeper DOT for wrinkles and acne scars starts from $1,050 (full face) and packages are available if multiple sessions are required.
Intimate rejuvenation is $650 per treatment or $1,650 for package of 3 sessions. Alternatively, intimate rejuvenation can be added onto the MonaLisa Touch package at $350 per session.
Your consulting doctor or nurse will recommend the optimal treatment program for your skin condition and we will quote following consultation.
More intense CO2 DOT laser resurfacing and traditional ablative resurfacing are currently only available at our registered private hospital, Academy Day Hospital, located within our Perth clinic. For more information, please see
The following patients may not be suitable for CO2 DOT laser:
- Clients not wanting any downtime
- Special care is required for clients who tan frequently or with darker complexions
- Melasma may not respond well; and
- Unusual lesions require specialist clearance before treatment.
NB: please inform our doctor if you have ever experienced or are prone to cold sores. A pre or post-treatment anti-viral may be recommended.
IF I AM INTERESTED, WHAT NOW?
Your first step is to book a consultation with one of our Cosmetic Doctors, which has a fee of $100. You do not require a GP referral. Following a detailed skin analysis, your Doctor will recommend the optimal treatment program for your skin concerns including any pre-treatment preparation.
You are welcome to book a complimentary skin consultation with one of our Registered Nurses to determine if CO2 DOT Laser is the best treatment for you. DOT Laser with our Nurses is entitled to a 10% discount on the standard rates
OUR DOT LASER TREATMENTS
The Madonna Peel got its name because Madonna was rumoured to be using the treatment to keep her skin smooth and blemish free.
Light DOT laser treatment uses very short pulses but tight spacing so it’s not deep, but covers most of the skin. It produces a full laser peel over 3 – 5 days, removes a lot of pigment, brightens and smooths the skin – makeup is much easier to apply. It can be done over the face, neck, chest and backs of hands. As a light skin resurfacing treatment, it has a relatively fast recovery time.
A single Madonna treatment is all that is needed for a visible freshen up and many patients use this as their annual or bi-annual skin rejuvenation.
* Note – Patient results may vary.
ClassicDOT is the No.1 resurfacing laser treatment for anti-ageing. It can noticeably tighten skin, reduce wrinkles, firm skin around the eyes and improve overall skin texture.
ClassicDOT uses higher power but wider spacing. Optimal results are achieved with three sessions (more for scarring) spaced one to three months apart. The higher power generates more heat and gets deeper into the skin to stimulate more collagen, with more tightening and wrinkle reduction. The intensity of the treatment can be varied considerably –more intense means more downtime, but a more noticeable result. Collagen production continues for up to 6 months and results are long lasting.
* Note – Patient results may.
ScarLess DOT can be used to soften and flatten acne, surgical and other scars. ScarLess DOT uses high power settings with very narrow beams and very short pulses that penetrate to a depth of 1.5 – 2mm to stimulate new collagen and tissue regeneration.
Raised (keloid) scars can be flattened with steroid injection and special silicone gel is applied post laser to enhance healing. Residual erythema (redness) is common but will fade or can be removed with IPL (vascular laser) if desired.
PurePRP treatment is often packaged with ScarLess DOT to further enhance skin and tissue regeneration.
Read more about our extensive range of Acne Scar and other Scar Treatments.
Note – Patient results may vary.
Stretch marks are scars that form in an area of deep tissue that has weakened, usually during hormonal changes like puberty or pregnancy, combined with a stretching force on the skin such as weight gain or exercise. Stretch marks go through a red inflamed stage followed by the white ‘atrophic’ stage. StretchDOT laser can be useful in treating even the mature, pale stretchmarks. Four treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart will make a noticeable improvement, however, it is very difficult to eliminate the stretchmarks all together.
* Note – Patient results may vary.
Most people have slightly darker skin around the intimate areas, mainly caused by an increase in pigment due to ageing, hormonal changes, genetics and environment factors. This pigment can be very difficult to lighten and over-the-counter lightening creams produce marginal results.
Depending on your skin type, effective intimate whitening may require a combination program, including: skin preparation using pre-treatment “brightening” serums, DOT laser to shed the pigment and improve skin texture, followed by a melanin suppressing cream such as Kilgman’s formula. All of these treatments are available at Academy Laser Clinics.
The DOT laser for vulva and anal whitening is a safe and relatively comfortable procedure, taking around 15 minutes. We will apply numbing cream to the area and cold air can be used after treatment if required. This treatment has similar settings to the Madonna Peel, with very short pulses, tight spacing but only superficial depth. This allows us to cover most of the skin, including very close to the delicate bits. It produces a mild peel over 2 weeks, which brightens and smooths the treated area.
* Note – Patient results may vary.
Academy Laser Clinics provide specialised medical centres built upon decades of aesthetic, lifestyle and gyneacological expertise. We aim to create a new era with beautiful skin, peaceful sleep and intimate comfort using world-leading laser technology and non-surgical cosmetic medicine …