Penis Enlargement Australia
Download CALIBRE Fact Sheet (1110 downloads)
Would you consider enlarging your penis if it was safe, painless, immediate, long-lasting and had no down time? Just like many cosmetic medical procedures have become safer, minimally invasive and with limited recovery time – cosmetic enhancement of the penis has changed too.
The CALIBRE injectable technique was developed to offer an effective medical solution to the thousands of men wanting to increase or enhance their penis size, without invasive surgery.
CALIBRE is a medical procedure involving the painless injection of dermal fillers just below the penile skin, much like the injection of cosmetic fillers into the lips and cheeks since the 1990s.
The technique was developed by our principal Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Jayson Oates FRACS, who has 20 years experience injecting dermal fillers. Dr Oates recognised the need for a safe and effective penis enlargement procedure with minimal discomfort or downtime – dermal fillers were the obvious answer. His team of Doctors spent 3 years identifying the best products and refining the CALIBRE technique. We have now performed more dermal filler penis augmentation procedures than any other practitioner in Australia.
Our patients have ranged from 20 – 65 years, from all backgrounds and penis size. Most patients just want to be comfortable and confident with the appearance of their penis. We believe CALIBRE is suitable for men:
- Who lack confidence as a result of their current penis size;
- With mild asymmetry due to medical conditions, prior surgery or injury e.g. Peyronies;
- Who wish to enhance sexual intimacy for their partner; and
- You may be treated if circumcised or uncircumcised.
Realistic expectations are essential and this will be discussed in detail during your confidential doctor consultation and prior to deciding whether or not to proceed with treatment.
CALIBRE is designed to noticeably increase erect and flaccid penile girth or circumference. The more product, the bigger the increase. Larger volumes also tend to increase flaccid length due to the extra weight,which reduces ‘shrinkage’ after swimming or when cold or embarrassed.
CALIBRE is only performed by our Certified Doctors. With a 15ml Package, we can regularly achieve a 1 inch increase in the flaccid penis circumference, which results in approximately 0.5 – 0.7 inch increase when erect. The results are immediate, long lasting and can be completed during a 1 hour in-clinic session.
Note – Patient results will vary based upon your existing size, circumcision, natural bands of skin and other factors. This will be discussed and explained during your private and confidential Doctor consultation.
For patients presenting with premature ejaculation symptoms, CALIBRE can be applied to the glans (or head) to improve control and extend the time before ejaculation, but this may be associated with other psychological factors. Please refer to the Useful Links section for clinical results of using fillers for premature ejaculation symptoms and discuss this during your confidential doctor consultation.
Injections to the penis have been around for a long time. In Korea, where penile augmentation is probably more common than anywhere else in the world, 80% is done by injection of HA dermal filler, which are now considered a safe and effective option to increase penis size.
The dermal filler works just like it does on the face and other body parts. It is injected just below the surface of the skin and is naturally integrated into the penile tissue after 1-2 weeks. Up until then, the product can be gently massaged to smooth out any bumps and ensure even coverage. It takes a couple weeks for the dermal filler to stabilise, absorb water and look its best, after which, it is slowly metabolized and resorbed by the body.
Fortunately, HAs are completely and rapidly reversible in the event of any complications (which are rare). If considering another dermal filler product, your doctor will explain the potential risks and side-effects, including the ability to break-down if required.
The most difficult thing is getting over the natural shyness of booking a consultation. All our staff are experienced discussing intimate procedures and recognise the importance of discretion.
You will immediately feel at ease during your confidential doctor consultation and we encourage you to raise any questions or concerns you have about size, the treatment and the likely outcomes. Your doctor will explain the procedure, take some measurements and advise on your suitability for treatment, including appropriate volumes to achieve your desired results.
Once you have decided to proceed with CALIBRE treatment, there are a few preparation steps, as follows:
- Please avoid blood thinning and anti-inflammatory mediations, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Gingko Biloba, Chinese and herbal medicine for 3 – 4 days before treatment to minimise the chance of bruising.
- Hair trimming is good a few days prior to treatment. Please be careful not to cause any nicks or scratches with scissors or electric hair trimmer.
Numbing cream – You may either arrive 30 mins before treatment for numbing or we can recommend over the counter numbing cream and apply as directed, before arrival.
CALIBRE is performed as an in-clinic procedure, over 1-3 sessions, by our certified CALIBRE Doctors. With the use of numbing cream and local anaesthetic mixed with the dermal filler, there is minimal discomfort.
Your Doctor may use a medication that induces a temporary erection, to enable more even placement of product along the shaft. Filler will be injected and moulded using a smooth micro-cannula and your doctor may also suggest filler into the head or glans of the penis, if this is required for symmetry. The procedure will take between 30-90 mins depending on the amount of product you are having.
After The Procedure
After the procedure, the penis will be wrapped to minimise swelling and assist with product placement. We ask that you leave this on for 24-48 hours and you may re-wrap if the bandage comes off sooner.
There is some initial malleability to the product for 2 weeks after injection. You may use this time to massage any bumps or smooth irregularities, but please don’t over do it. The dermal filler will integrate with penile tissue after 2 weeks, so any residual bumps after this time will need to be dissolved or break down over time.
- Avoid intercourse or manual satisfaction for 4-5 days and no unprotected anal sex for 1 week.
- Keep the area clean and wash after sex for the first week.
- Take any medications that have been prescribed by your treating doctor.
- Do not use penis extenders or other devices that fasten around the shaft for at least 4 weeks. Tight straps or vacuum devices may cause the product to shift or cause indents.
- Dermal fillers may interact negatively with Vitamin E, blood thinning medications, anti-inflammatory drugs, steroids and St John’s Wort. Unless prescribed, do not take these for a few days before or after CALIBRE treatment.
- You may drive immediately after treatment and no time off work is required.
Whilst complications are rare, you may experience:
- Some bruising and tenderness – this varies a lot from patient to patient. Bruising will often become more apparent a day or 2 after the procedure.
- Swelling for a few days that may be quite impressive. Do not be alarmed, this will settle and if required, we will provide you with anti-swelling medication. If swelling remains beyond a few days, please contact our clinic.
- Due to natural tissue bands under the penile skin that are difficult to identify, we may not achieve perfect symmetry in a single session. For this reason, we prefer to inject in a 2-phase program, with corrections made during the 2nd session.
- If you have any significant pain or difficulty passing urine, please call and speak to one of our therapists as soon as possible.
It takes a couple weeks for our dermal fillers to stabilise, absorb water and look its best. For this reason, we ask you to come back for a follow-up consultation 3-4 weeks after treatment. If more product is required to ensure even coverage, this can be injected during your follow-up consultation.
At Academy Laser Clinics, we use a cross-linked dermal filler supplied by one of the most reputable cosmetic filler and wrinkle relaxer producers in the world. This makes it a little more expensive, however, our product has been safely used for many years on many thousands of patients world-wide.
CALIBRE filler is naturally integrated into the penile tissue after 1 week and is then slowly metabolized and resorbed by the body. We expect CALIBRE to last between 18-24 months, sometimes longer *, but may require small top-ups to maintain the desired results.
There is also some evidence that large volumes and repeat injections of dermal filler will have longer effect, due to the stimulation of collagen where the filler is placed, which is called fibrogenesis.
* There are a small percentage of patients who will break down dermal fillers more rapidly, which may be due to a higher metabolism, medical conditions or medications that are being taken. It is unknown exactly why this happens and it is not possible to identify prior to treatment. We are currently researching other cosmetic filler options for these patients, but this will require a second treatment session.
Your initial consultation will incur a general consultation fee of $100. The standard pricing for CALIBRE penis augmentation with Academy Laser Clinics is based on the volume of dermal filler required, as follows:
Treatment Program (AUD$):
Glans (3 ml) $1,980
Silver Package (7 ml) $4,200
Gold Package (10 ml) $5,700
Platinum Package (15 ml) $8,100
We can also quote for alternate volumes during your consultation or on the day of treatment.
The maximum product we will inject during your first session is 15 ml, however, progressive top-ups are available every month to achieve your desired results. Top-ups within 4 months of first treatment session will only be charged the incremental fee to the applicable higher package. Top-ups beyond 4 months of the first treatment session will be entitled to 10% discount on standard rates.
Medicare or private health insurance does not currently cover the CALIBRE penis augmentation treatment.
If you are interested in this treatment, please Contact Us via the web or by phone to receive more information and please check current
To be considered a suitable patient for CALIBRE penis augmentation, you must:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Not be suffering from any serious health conditions (e.g. severe infectious diseases, vascular or lymphatic complications, etc.)
- Not have any active STIs.
- No previous sensitivity to any Hyaluronic Acid based filler.
- Have realistic expectations of what can be achieved using dermal fillers, including increase in penis size, longevity and the likely requirement for top-ups to ensure smoothness and to maintain results.
- If you have a history of other penile surgery (PMMA/silicone injection, fat injection, etc.), please discuss this with our CALIBRE consultants to determine your suitability for treatment.
- There are a small percentage of patients who will break down dermal fillers more rapidly or who experience migration of HA products. This may be due to a higher metabolism, medical conditions or medications that are being taken. It is unknown exactly why this happens and it is not possible to identify prior to treatment. We are currently researching other cosmetic filler options for these patients, but this will require a second treatment session.
Please note that CALIBRE is not a treatment to resolve bends in the penis or to address impotence symptoms.
You may be treated if circumcised or uncircumcised.
Surgery – lengthening
Surgery to enlarge the penis has been around for a long time. To lengthen the penis the suspensory ligaments holding it to the base of the pubic bone can be cut, through a small incision at the base of the penis. This treatment has some complications, such as:
- It can cause cause considerable swelling of the foreskin in uncircumcised men, so generally a circumcision is required at the same time. This is obviously painful and causes more down time;
- An ongoing stretching program is required, which if not strictly followed fully for at least 6 weeks, may lead to retraction of the penis making it even shorter than before surgery!;
- By using the foundation of the erectile tissue to become part of the shaft of the penis the penis it can be destabilised and not point ‘up’ so much when erect or it may point to the side; and
- The penis can only be lengthened using this technique and published results indicate the increase in length is generally marginal (only 1-2cm).
- There is a risk of scar tissue forming which can shorten the penis.
- This procedure should only be considered with a highly skilled surgeon who specialises in this procedure
Surgery – fat grafting to increase girth
In this surgical procedure a strip of skin with the underlying fat is surgically wrapped around the penis under the skin. However, to do this, the penis is effectively “skinned” and re-wrapped. This is a highly invasive procedure with material risk of scarring where the penis is stitched back together and from the fat harvesting (usually in the crease where the butt joins the thigh). The fat must establish a blood supply to survive, so it is common for a lot of the fat to die and resorb in a lumpy manner. Corrections will require more invasive surgical intervention. You cannot do much for a few weeks, bedroom action is off limits for six weeks and there is up to 6 months of post-care. Given the risks, this procedure should only be performed by a highly skilled surgeon who specialises in this procedure.
Other Injectible Options
Other substances are being used for penile injections, including: polymethylmethacrylate or PMMA (solid plastic microspheres), silicone, Vaseline and unknown dermal fillers. All these substances have been associated with lumps, infections, deformity, painful erection/sexual activity and granulomas. There are no simple reversal medications for these injections, so the treatment generally requires surgical removal, which results in scarring and risk of shortening.
Fat injections have been tried, however, despite what you might call your member – there is no natural fat in the penis. This was initially thought to be a promising technique, however, during the injection process a significant number of adipocytes are ruptured or resorbed and the final result may leave only 10% of the fat cells intact. Regular top-ups are required. It may also cause distortion, lumpiness and occasional terrible infections with resultant scarring and deformity: www.penisenlargementsurgeryinfo.com/fat-injection/
Jelq exercises – do they work? You may have heard of these stretching exercises to increase penile size. Maybe they eventually do – see www.penishealth.com . They need to be done for prolonged sessions (up to an hour a day) for many months to see any changes. The reality is few of us have the time or dedication to commit to an exercise program such as this.
Pumps and Traction Devices
Penile traction devices ‘work’ by maintaining a sustained traction on the penis. These can produce an temporary increase in length – possibly at the expense of width. They can also be used following penile lengthening surgery to ensure the hidden erectile tissue is advanced externally.
Pumps and vacuum devices – results look impressive by causing engorgement as blood is drawn into the penis but unfortunately they are only temporary, albeit may be useful after surgery or in the management of erectile dysfunction. These devices do not progressively enlarge the penis.
Pills do nothing and creams do nothing. There is no medical or biological plausible reason for anything taken orally or topically to do anything to your penis size.
World wide rhino populations have been decimated by hunting for the horn due to the fictitious belief they will enhance your manhood. Rhino horn is made of keratin – like your fingernail or hair. Bitting your nails does not give you a bigger penis, stronger erections or anything else, neither will rhino horn…. DON’T USE IT!
Losing Weight or Liposuction
Interestingly, liposuction or weight loss can increase the apparent size of the penis. It is estimated that for every 10kg you are over weight about half an inch of penis length is retracted or hidden. If you are carrying a lot of fat on the abdomen you can reach the stage where the penis becomes ‘inverted’.
Also, fat converts the male sex hormone to female sex hormone – this is normal physiology. So, it is doing your manhood no favours being excessively overweight. Our sister clinic, Academy Day Hospital (located in Subiaco, Perth), can perform liposuction of the abdomen to assist with natural exposure of the penis: www.academydayhospital.com.au
If I Am Interested, What Now?
Your first step is to book a confidential consultation with one of our CALIBRE Doctors, which has a fee of $100. You do not require a GP referral. Following consultation, you can generally schedule first treatment session within 1-2 weeks.
To make an appointment, please Contact Us or call
Sydney on (02) 9439 9293 or Perth on (08) 9382 3238.
Academy Laser Clinics provide specialised medical centres built upon decades of aesthetic, lifestyle and gyneacological expertise. We aim to create a new era with beautiful skin, peaceful sleep and intimate comfort using world-leading laser technology and non-surgical cosmetic medicine …